Essential Bar Tools
Whether you’re mixing up happy hour cocktails with friends or spending a cosy night indoors, having the right bar tools at home is as essential as having the right ingredients on hand. With our list of home bar must-haves, you’ll be more than ready to mix up your favourite drinks at any time!
- Bar spoon – Specialty long-handled spoon with a twisted stem to facilitate stirring and layering cocktails. Often comes with a flat disc on the tip that can be used to muddle soft ingredients.
- Jigger – This hourglass-shaped measuring tool has become the mark of precision and care in crafting cocktails. Standard jiggers contain two different measurements to ensure an accurate pour.
- Muddler – Made out of wood, stainless steel or plastic, this bartender’s pestle is used to smash and mix fruit and herbs in a mixing glass or cocktail shaker.
- Hawthorne Strainer – Most common colander, which features a handle, strainer spring and 2-4 prongs to help you hold it over your shaker tin.
- Fine strainer – Colander used to filter fine particles from the drink, such as shredded mint leaves or pulp and seeds from fruit.
- Boston shaker – Shaker made up of 2 parts, a larger shaker tin and a Boston shaker glass or pint glass that fits inside the tin.
- Citrus squeezer – The ideal way to extract fresh juice from lemons, limes, oranges, and grapefruit is a citrus juicer.
Now that you’ve got the tools, it’s time to make some drinks. Check out our Spring recipes for inspiration. Cheers and happy mixing!Discover our spring cocktails
- Print page